Dubhappy Forums

For Your Animu Experience
 
HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inDubhappyDo not press this buttonPollamafacebook
chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
anime mix

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 24 on Sat May 13, 2017 1:50 am
Statistics
We have 576 registered users
The newest registered user is Nexlite

Our users have posted a total of 1269 messages in 302 subjects
Latest topics
» Lovabelle here
Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:54 pm by Deadbob_is_Dead

» Dead Forums is dead
Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:27 pm by Deadbob_is_Dead

» no spoilers here at all.
Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:16 pm by Allen

» Release Date info?
Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:08 pm by Allen

» When will there be more One Piece???
Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:57 pm by Allen

» Ello:)
Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:51 pm by Allen

» Manliest man ever.
Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:33 pm by Allen

» Dubhappy.com forum link
Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:52 pm by Allen

» naruto shippuden episode 114
Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 pm by Allen

Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solidbeliefs

avatar

Posts : 8
Rep : 14
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 25

PostSubject: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:17 am

Who had the bright idea in changing the entire site. It looks great. Problem is it took me too fuhkin' long to create a 'NEW' account. What has happened to my old account? In case you don't know me I was one of the few people supporting this site when there were like 5 regulars on here. Likely 6 including myself. I was Status Quo. I'm assuming the response to this will be a deffensive one. I think you should keep in mind my feelings before you give me a lecture, warning, or some kind of response spoken mainly in French. if you can return my account to me, many thanks. If not, then w/e. I think an apology is due. Even though I like surprises this ones like a nail in my foot. scratch
Back to top Go down
KingJustin
Postroyer
Postroyer
avatar

Posts : 214
Rep : 548
Bling : 24
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 26
Location : Weiner AR

RPG info
Name: Shao Kahn
Health:
9999999999999999/9999999999999999  (9999999999999999/9999999999999999)
Power:
9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807  (9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807)

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Solidbeliefs wrote:
Who had the bright idea in changing the entire site. It looks great. Problem is it took me too fuhkin' long to create a 'NEW' account. What has happened to my old account? In case you don't know me I was one of the few people supporting this site when there were like 5 regulars on here. Likely 6 including myself. I was Status Quo. I'm assuming the response to this will be a deffensive one. I think you should keep in mind my feelings before you give me a lecture, warning, or some kind of response spoken mainly in French. if you can return my account to me, many thanks. If not, then w/e. I think an apology is due. Even though I like surprises this ones like a nail in my foot. scratch

lol, not at all, this is actually an entirely new forum, existing apart from the original. The reason it was replaced was do to the fact that the old forum kind of got away from the site in a manner of speaking, when someone would contact them with a question in reference to the site or chatsite, it either wouldn't get a response or would be met with some form of "we have nothing to do with Dubhappy" response. So we created a new forum, to make for a better forum experience, that way members can actually request anime, request to be an uploader, or even address mods or administrators through threads. Hope this helps. king

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://dubhappy.forumotion.com
Gawdl3y



Posts : 4
Rep : 4
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:43 pm

Is that your plan? How is this going to help?
You're basically disposing of over 33k posts and 3k members.
As for the whole disconnected thing, that's not our damned fault. I tried to get the mods and such on the forums, but Sama ignored me for the most part, and Mussy (etc) simply didn't want to get on the forums. You won't see different results with these forums.

All you did so far is split the community, disconnecting it even more. Also, why was I not contacted when this was being discussed/planned? As the leader of the real forums, I deserve to make the decision, I do believe.

I appreciate the attempt, but this is going to ruin the community again. After DubHappy went down during the old days with the old old old forums, the community was completely undone. DubHappy was finally making a comeback again, and now you have just reset it back to zero again, if these become permanent.

On top of that, these ones look like crap, have ads, run on a free forum site, and are not a part of the DubHappy domain. I like the organisation, but that is completely independent of the site.

A decision that would make much more sense and work much better would be to have contacted me and the mods, and gotten them to all register on the real forums, rather than making a new site. Making a new site is completely illogical and inefficient for the reason that you provided.
Back to top Go down
Derpster



Posts : 1
Rep : 1
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: i agree   Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:10 pm

Gawdl3y wrote:
Is that your plan? How is this going to help?
You're basically disposing of over 33k posts and 3k members.
As for the whole disconnected thing, that's not our damned fault. I tried to get the mods and such on the forums, but Sama ignored me for the most part, and Mussy (etc) simply didn't want to get on the forums. You won't see different results with these forums.

All you did so far is split the community, disconnecting it even more. Also, why was I not contacted when this was being discussed/planned? As the leader of the real forums, I deserve to make the decision, I do believe.

I appreciate the attempt, but this is going to ruin the community again. After DubHappy went down during the old days with the old old old forums, the community was completely undone. DubHappy was finally making a comeback again, and now you have just reset it back to zero again, if these become permanent.

On top of that, these ones look like crap, have ads, run on a free forum site, and are not a part of the DubHappy domain. I like the organisation, but that is completely independent of the site.

A decision that would make much more sense and work much better would be to have contacted me and the mods, and gotten them to all register on the real forums, rather than making a new site. Making a new site is completely illogical and inefficient for the reason that you provided.

He throws up a completely logical point.
Back to top Go down
Khaylo

avatar

Posts : 1
Rep : 1
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 27
Location : England

PostSubject: My opinion.   Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Solidbeliefs wrote:
Who had the bright idea in changing the entire site. It looks great. Problem is it took me too fuhkin' long to create a 'NEW' account. What has happened to my old account? In case you don't know me I was one of the few people supporting this site when there were like 5 regulars on here. Likely 6 including myself. I was Status Quo.

Hey Status, you can still access our other forums by going directly to the URL (www.dub-forums.com).

On another point, I completely agree with both you and Gawdly. This new forum site is irrational and illogical. I can see your point (KingJustin) about attempting to make the site more entwined with DubHappy itself, however what you seem to have done is completely the opposite. If anything, this site seems a lot less connected to the main site, it's a new forum website on it's own terms. Quite frankly, it's not as appealing, and the advertisements make it look very cheap and tacky as a whole.

What (I believe) you should of done is contacted everyone who participates in controlling the original forums, and aimed to help make the previous site more connective. You could of easily changed that ones theme if need be, and you could of explained all the issues that needed resolving there. Instead you've took a step too far and completely abolished the connection to our previous forums, therefore loosing all it's members and the community to which I believe was successful.

Obviously this is all my own speculation, but I really think you should consider re-thinking your ideas for a new forums website.
Thanks, K.
Back to top Go down
KingJustin
Postroyer
Postroyer
avatar

Posts : 214
Rep : 548
Bling : 24
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 26
Location : Weiner AR

RPG info
Name: Shao Kahn
Health:
9999999999999999/9999999999999999  (9999999999999999/9999999999999999)
Power:
9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807  (9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807)

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Fact is change was made because, while gil and a few, i stress few, others made an attempt to reconnect with the parent site, nothing was working, and getting angry about it isn't going to change what happened. This was these easiest way to make the move back to a community based forum for Dubhappy. And it was voiced by several of the mods on the old forums that they had no intention of having anything to do with Dubhappy other then with the forums, and moreover the people who are using the forums as of yet are forum regularss, with the occasional rp thread or someone bitching about Chatango. This change shouldn't affect the community of users for your forums, and I'm not entirely sure why using a free domain should be a problem, forummotion provides plenty of developmental tools to adress any problems users may face as they arise. I hope this post helped. king

also>sidenote; if some of the more active mods want to make the move over they're welcome to, just send me a message and we will work things out.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://dubhappy.forumotion.com
Gawdl3y



Posts : 4
Rep : 4
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 pm

And how is creating a new site going to help at all? It will end up having the same results. My belief is that the remoteness of the "Forums" button on the main DubHappy site is what causes the fact that it feels disconnected -- the average user of the site doesn't ever notice the Forums button. It even looks more like a header to the sidebar than anything.

I am more than willing to team up with you and whomever else is necessary to get the site more connected. But I refuse to accept a new forum being created, mostly due to the fact that the community and the posts/members are completely reset.
Back to top Go down
Gawdl3y



Posts : 4
Rep : 4
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Also, your argument that the forums were only used by people who didn't even use the main site is fairly invalid. Our Report Broken Episodes section is fairly stuffed, even without there being a direct link to it from the main site (there used to be a direct link, but Sama removed it for some reason or another).
Back to top Go down
Marthrevenge

avatar

Posts : 28
Rep : 68
Bling : 3
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 24
Location : tuna mountain

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:48 pm

Gawdl3y wrote:
And how is creating a new site going to help at all? It will end up having the same results. My belief is that the remoteness of the "Forums" button on the main DubHappy site is what causes the fact that it feels disconnected -- the average user of the site doesn't ever notice the Forums button. It even looks more like a header to the sidebar than anything.

I am more than willing to team up with you and whomever else is necessary to get the site more connected. But I refuse to accept a new forum being created, mostly due to the fact that the community and the posts/members are completely reset.

The factors that did change, from what I observed, was moderators that upload who were banned from the forums because the previous forum's moderators would ban them for no reason, as they have listed. This restricts access to said broken video forum thread and in turn, they don't get fixed.
The moderators didn't do a good enough job, in more crude terms, so now we have taken it in our hands to make sure it doesn't happen...
of course, they're more than welcome to come here and moderate, if given the chance, but if they keep "fucking us over" as I would put it, then we can't exactly support Dubhappy in any way, now can we?
Back to top Go down
goldweapon



Posts : 3
Rep : 3
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:50 pm

i am really confused right now but i don't like the fact that there is a whole new forum when i press the ''forum'' button.
whatever your reason is for this i think it's pathetic. changing this without warning lets me think that you guys are desperate and are hiding behind excuses. i could think wrong with ease but you guys sure make it seem that way.
Back to top Go down
KingJustin
Postroyer
Postroyer
avatar

Posts : 214
Rep : 548
Bling : 24
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 26
Location : Weiner AR

RPG info
Name: Shao Kahn
Health:
9999999999999999/9999999999999999  (9999999999999999/9999999999999999)
Power:
9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807  (9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807)

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:53 pm

T_T, forums have been changed, can we not just cope with this and move on? you guy are killin me with all the ragin here

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://dubhappy.forumotion.com
Gawdl3y



Posts : 4
Rep : 4
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:55 pm

In what case was a mod banned? As far as I am aware, no mod of the main site has been banned from the forums.
If they were, I'd like to know why. I made it clear at one point that the mods of the main site are to be left to their own means. I even had a separate group set aside for them that distinguished them as people that contribute and upload videos to the site.

Again, I am more than willing to amend any problems that you or others had with the forums, and to help reconnect it to the main site. This, however, is completely out of hand. Also, having two links for the two separate forums is excessive. That would cause even more of a divide in the community than what it is now.

Let us get together and fix what is wrong with the forums, rather than wiping it all and starting fresh -- this will only lead to more problems, trust me. I've made the mistake before; if you don't know what I mean, just check GamerIsle -- I was previously the web admin for them, but I caused the community to hate me by wiping it clean and starting fresh because of a few problems. I was kicked from my position, and Derek got me for DubHappy. GamerIsle and PoLlama/DubHappy still to this day are bitter enemies.
Back to top Go down
Marthrevenge

avatar

Posts : 28
Rep : 68
Bling : 3
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 24
Location : tuna mountain

PostSubject: LET THIS BE A TESTAMENT   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Back to top Go down
FinalHeartsMix



Posts : 1
Rep : 1
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Well I got to agree with Gawdl3y he has experience. I have no problem with having a change after all a change is good. But do you know how gay this style looks ok some more functions we can add those to the old forum as well. I took a good amount of time and work to make the theme for the old forums. Next of all are you crazy ? phpBB is the most insecure forum software. Well I am in no place to criticize or troll. Lets see what happens.....
Back to top Go down
Marthrevenge

avatar

Posts : 28
Rep : 68
Bling : 3
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 24
Location : tuna mountain

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:44 pm

okay everyone, we need to get our shit together, and stop bitching, I mean I know I can't hear shit but MIGHTY KNOWS HIS SHIT SON
Back to top Go down
kkslider555



Posts : 4
Rep : 6
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:02 pm

I've seen far more drastic/dumber changes from far larger forums, relax guys.


I was kinda worried this was taken over by SA or a certain imageboard for no apparent reason and am kinda confused why you would change the name of the forum to a different name than the name of the site despite trying to make it more connected to the site but I tl;dr the topic so whatever.
Back to top Go down
Mussy

avatar

Posts : 14
Rep : 54
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Basically, the forum was changed because the old forum had nothing to do with dubhappy. It was not connected to dubhappy, and someone decided it would be in favor of the website if we created a new one. The new one would have more input from dubhappy admins who actually add animu because in the old forum alot of uploaders/admins were banned and unable to view certain threads that would enhance our knowledge of wanted animu and/or broken links. I hope you all now understand our reasons for changing.
Back to top Go down
kkslider555



Posts : 4
Rep : 6
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:51 pm

Oh ok that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Drastone
Justice Maker
Justice Maker
avatar

Posts : 22
Rep : 143
Bling : 6
Join date : 2011-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:16 pm

Gawdl3y wrote:
Is that your plan? How is this going to help?
As the leader of the real forums, I deserve to make the decision, I do believe.

I'm sorry, forgive my ignorance, but what exactly DO you do for the site? aside from lord over the forums?
Not to be a dick about it but this is part of the reason the forums got changed. The decision on what goes on on the site is based mostly on the admins who actually work on the site.

and yeah this resets the current set but again it takes a step towards a more dubhappy run place.
Back to top Go down
Solidbeliefs

avatar

Posts : 8
Rep : 14
Bling : 0
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:41 pm

I've never known anyone to lord over anyone, I've never had a problem looking for an answer, never seen another with a problem that wasn't resolved. I have three problems that come to mind with the old site. There were many inactive members (too much used data), Pics would have to be just right to fit, and the darned chat box never worked; might have been a problem because of my adobe, might not.
The ole' site was more diverse but this site has been simplied and I am happy with that, but, I do think that the other mods should have had a say in something. They do, do something on the website. Not only do they do stuff -to sum it up- they also care for it. I have feelings for the site. I've never known any other animers then those and they seem close in a way. Like strangers trapped in an elavator. Point is respect others work, esp. when they care for it.
To be frank, its begining to aggitate me. The notion of a highku (sp); It would be like queen elizabeth taking her country and disgarding parlament. Its a big WTF.
Back to top Go down
Marthrevenge

avatar

Posts : 28
Rep : 68
Bling : 3
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 24
Location : tuna mountain

PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:46 pm

Solidbeliefs wrote:
I've never known anyone to lord over anyone, I've never had a problem looking for an answer, never seen another with a problem that wasn't resolved. I have three problems that come to mind with the old site. There were many inactive members (too much used data), Pics would have to be just right to fit, and the darned chat box never worked; might have been a problem because of my adobe, might not.
The ole' site was more diverse but this site has been simplied and I am happy with that, but, I do think that the other mods should have had a say in something. They do, do something on the website. Not only do they do stuff -to sum it up- they also care for it. I have feelings for the site. I've never known any other animers then those and they seem close in a way. Like strangers trapped in an elavator. Point is respect others work, esp. when they care for it.
To be frank, its begining to aggitate me. The notion of a highku (sp); It would be like queen elizabeth taking her country and disgarding parlament. Its a big WTF.

Not to sound like a blunt ass (which I am, so disregard that), but to any objections to the new forums, since this is supposed to be changed and we have stated our case multiple times, despite constant bitching from Gawdl3y, I will again, state the ultimatum...

This is the new forums, this is how it has changed, deal with it.
Back to top Go down
KingJustin
Postroyer
Postroyer
avatar

Posts : 214
Rep : 548
Bling : 24
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 26
Location : Weiner AR

RPG info
Name: Shao Kahn
Health:
9999999999999999/9999999999999999  (9999999999999999/9999999999999999)
Power:
9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807  (9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807)

PostSubject: In closing   Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:13 am

Neil says i need to finish this topic, so i am, ULTIMATUM, new forum is on the main site, old site will no longer be ON THE MAIN SITE, I hope SOMEONE found this little post helpful, in case anyone was wondering which forum was official. WE ARE THE OFFICIAL SITE, to reiterate, WE AR THE OFFICIAL SITE.

~your admininator, justin

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://dubhappy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
What has happened??? I am soo annoyed!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Shocked and annoyed!
» 4x17 "Guilty Pleasures" Watch & Discussion thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dubhappy Forums :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: